Easy Chana Dal Palak (Split ChickPea & Spinach) Recipe

This Spinach and Dal recipe is one of my favourite on. I cook this dish whenever I have lentil laying over in my kitchen cupboard and have some frozen spinach in my freezer. I know fresh spinach is something you cannot replace with the frozen one. But I rarely plan my menu. I usually buy ingredients without any recipe plans and cook whatever is available at home. That is why frozen vegetables are a good option for me. Also I try to cook easy and quickest recipes. I know desi food recipes take time to cook, but we natives can find easiest ways. That is why I am using frozen spinach. No cutting and washing the leaves saves some of the time.


Spinach and chana dal both have lots of healthy nutrients.Combining both of them is a good idea to utilise the health benefits of both ingredients. We all know how spinach is  fully packed with iron. We don't take enough iron in everyday life. Adding spinach into omelette and pulao rice is sometimes a good idea to get iron from spinach. Similarly chana dal is a good source of vegetarian protein. It is also good for diabetes and to regulate insulin.Now lets move on to the recipe 

Ingredients:

  • Chana Dal 1/2 Kg 
  • Spinach 1 Kg (I have used the frozen on,Easy to use)
  • Onion 2 Medium Sized
  • Garlic & Ginger 2 Tablespoons
  • Green Chillies 3-4
  • Salt 1 Teaspoon
  • Red Chilli Powder 2 Teaspoon
  • Turmeric 1/2 Teaspoon
  • Cummin Seeds 1 Teaspoon
  • Garam Masala 1 Teaspoon
  • Oil 1 Cup

Method:

  • Soak the lentils in water for 2-3 hours. The longer you will soak it, the more it will take less time to cook. 
  • After that, wash it and boil it in enough water for 15-20 minutes until the dal is tender. Be careful not to make it mushy.
  • When its done, stain it and keep it aside.
  • Put Spinach in a pot. Add some water not too much. Cook it until all the water evaporates.
  • Heat oil in pan. Add onions and fry them until golden brown.
  • Add ginger and garlic and all the spices and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add Spinach and lentils and cook until oil is separated. 
Now Chana Dal and Palak is ready. Serve it with naan, Tandoori Roti or boiled Rice.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L'Oreal Elvive Active Selenium Anti-Dandruff Shampoo Review

Christine Nail Polish Shade No. 230 Review

Al Taous Organic Moroccan Bath Set Review