Essence Gel Eyeliner Midnight In Paris Review & Swatches

I love Eyeliner and Kohl. My makeup is incomplete without both of them. One problem I always suffer from eyeliner is that it doesn’t stay on my eyes for long. I have oily eyelids and my waterline is too watery. So the thing which can stay on such kind of eyes should be extremely waterproof. The first eyeliner I used was a liquid eyeliner. It was good but had shinny look.At that time I knew that only liquid eyeliner exist. Liquid eyeliners usually get crinkled or cracked effect after few hour. I tried pencil eye liners too but they have poor staying power.Then was the turn to try cake eyeliners. It made ring and smudged off on my eyelid. I hate horrible Panda eye look. They are not definitely for oily and droopy lids.I have seen many makeup artists using gel liners.I thought to give it a try. During my visit to a super store. I have seen essence counter and gel liner was there. It was affordable. So i thought to give it a try and bought this gel liner in black Midnight in Paris.This gel eyeliner is available in four colours.
  • Midnight in Paris 01
  • London Baby 02
  • Berlin Rocks 03
  • I Love NYC 04
The packaging is in thick glass pot with a black plastic lid on top.It contains 3ml,0.1l.oz of the product.It says high precision gel eyeliner and claims to be waterproof.Lets have a look at my experience with this product.


My Experience :

I really liked this product.Usually gel eyeliner are not much pigmented but this one is jet black. If I talk about staying power, it has good staying power. It is a plus point for me because I didn't have found consistency like this with other eyeliners except MAC fluid line. It stays on my eyelids for more than 12 hours without any sealer.The product is creamy and has really easy to apply texture.It glides easily and smoothly. But a good quality and clean brush should be used every time for applying this product. Otherwise it will make clumps while applying. It is waterproof and smudge proof. It didn't ran out of my waterline and stayed there perfectly.
The drying time is pretty short. You don't need to close your lids for long to wait to dry the product. It dries instantly after application. This could be a disadvantage for those who are not good in applying eyeliners because you have to remove any mistake with makeup remover only.
Oh i forget to mention one bad thing about this product it doesn't lasts longer.I mean my eyeliner dried and became useless after few weeks. I have read reviews saying it lasts for a year and it remained creamy but why it wasn't in my case :(
It costs Rs.530 and available at essence counters in most of superstores.

Swatch:

Here is the swatch of the product. It is looking dry due to the camera light but in real it is not.

Liked :

  • Highly pigmented
  • Creamy texture
  • Waterproof
  • Smudge proof
  • Budget friendly
  • Dries quickly
  • Doesn't run out
  • Easy to apply
  • Good staying power

Disliked :

  • Doesn't lasts longer

Rating :

9.5 out of 10

Repurchase :

Yes. I have already purchased another one :)

Hope this post will give you an idea if gel eyeliners. 

Take care until next post

Love :)






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L'Oreal Elvive Active Selenium Anti-Dandruff Shampoo Review

Christine Nail Polish Shade No. 230 Review

Swiss Miss Matte Lipstick M-263 Pretty Pink Review & Swatches